Discuss Don`t Laugh !!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rayallen1

Hi
As you will probably realise I`ve not done much floor tiling.
Here is my problem.The last owner of our house put tiles down directly over the floor boards in our kitchen and they are now cracking and coming loose. If I lift the old tiles can I then lay tile backer board over the old adhesive. I would like to avoid taking up the old floor boards and then putting down a ply floor with backer board over the top. The old tile adhesive is very well stuck to the floor boards as I`ve tried to remove
some of It. Not much fun.

Thanks in advance for any usefull advice.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Don`t Laugh !!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
D
Budget renovation as I just bought the flat. Cavity brick walls, 1 external. Removed old tiles...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB