UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Dont believe the hype! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

why do adhesive manufacturers hype their products it is infuriating at times,Apex grange who are a huge mapei and Ardex distributer near me had a kerakol rep handing out free adhesive to tilers in their carpark then the same rep told ESL a cercol distributer that Apex grange were taking Cercol on so he could get their adhesive business ,it ended up that both companies now think that kerakol are a bunch of clowns and wont do any business with them ,i was chatting to colin from Mapei at a trade show and asked him if they were bothered about kerakol and he said that their products are good but until they manufacture in the uk they are no threat, at the moment they should let their products do the talking and sell it to the trade at decent prices and then this will create the demand not just saying we are the best and trying silly tricks and marketing gimmicks to hype their products

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
They sound like they have a lot to learn in what's already quite a competitive industry with some very established firms out there.

I think Weber and Mapei have done well to catch market share that BAL could only dream of gaining back these days. BAL missed a trick or two. But Mapei don't seem to invest much in online stuff. Weber and BAL have made a lot of websites and focused a lot of their time on promoting them and I tip my hat to them both. Very well done.

Kerakoll are decades behind from that point of view and if this bloke keeps saying he has no problems on a forum, he will only get presented with **** loads lol

He needs to learn how forums work lol

S

Spud

dont know Dave I have asked for my account to be closed on the other forum, my mate Ray is on there and he is doing a product test with bal , kerakol and tilemaster at his yard to shut up the bull form Bal and kerakol as they have been bragging about their products but didnt send him any stuff to do the test with then started coming out with excuses he is going to buy the stuff himself and do it , I cant stand the bull over there anymore so asked my account to be closed

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Dont believe the hype! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi All, I'm a diy er with a question. I've looked thru this forum for help but I'm still...
Replies
Views
Tortoise
T
B
Hiya fellas. I've been on a large anhydrite floor and thought i'd do a little test whilst i was...
Replies
Views
F
Hi all, I recently ordered my kitchen floor tiles from an internet supplier that advertises...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
T
Hello I’ve been setting tile for 35 years, however I’m now retired and moved from Wisconsin to...
Replies
Views
Topshop
T
M
I live in Sweden, and here a flexible S1 adhesive can cost between £1 and £2 per KG! I've...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.