UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Dot and dab in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Shaggy3821

Eyup, and thanks for reading this.

I have just stripped back wallpaper and tiles in the bathroom in preperation for new one fitting and found that there is that much blown plaster that It would probably worth taking the lot off and starting from scratch. Am planning on dotting and dabbing moisture resistant plaster board on, followed by tanking aroung the bath/shower area and don't have a problem doing that. The problem is that I have never tiled onto a 'fresh' surface before and was wandering how long I need to leave the board after fixing to the wall, before I start putting tiles on. We are using 400x250mm ceramic tiles, so not too much weight. Is it ok to start tiling the day after putting the board up, or do I need to leave it a while. Also, can the tiles go directly onto the board or does it need SBR first.

Again, thanks for your help, look forward to hearing from you soon.

Martin

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Dot and dab in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Going through a major refurb on the house and recently had a 13mm limestone floor...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.