Discuss Dot & dabbing tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Kent

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
To be fair to the said tiler bit more than dot and dab if he has had to do them brick bond with a slight bow or lump in the wall he will use a lot of adhesive beyond a 10 mm trowels depth guess he didn't know when to say get it sorted before I start or charge to sort it doesn't mater where in the room you start so long as you mark out correctly and are confident your lines are spot on tad over kill adding latex plus to the adhesive makes it set way to fast on a warm day

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Peterborough, England
To be fair to the said tiler bit more than dot and dab if he has had to do them brick bond with a slight bow or lump in the wall he will use a lot of adhesive beyond a 10 mm trowels depth guess he didn't know when to say get it sorted before I start or charge to sort it doesn't mater where in the room you start so long as you mark out correctly and are confident your lines are spot on tad over kill adding latex plus to the adhesive makes it set way to fast on a warm day

I'm not sure I understand your post. Ate you making excuses for him? There's no excuse for spot fixing.
Whoever fixes their first tile without getting your levels and straight edges out??

Kent
I understand that you can start on any wall, but as mentioned you have to be dead certain on your levels, ie you can't have a massive gap above the bath which would look like an absolute pigs ear and beyond applying mastic or trying to cut a 14mm wide porcelain tile. This geezer did not have a scooby dooo. End of. Just pity his next customer who probably won't really know what he's about. No excuses for this guy.

I understand that you can start on any wall, but as mentioned you have to be dead certain on your levels, ie you can't have a massive gap above the bath which would look like an absolute pigs ear and beyond applying mastic or trying to cut a 14mm wide porcelain tile. This geezer did not have a scooby dooo. End of. Just pity his next customer who probably won't really know what he's about. No excuses for this guy.
Lol not making no excuses for him I spend a lot of time every year looking at jobs people have screwed up some that have cost 18 k to put right most down to the tilers starting something that should have been put right before attempting to tile plus employing a tiler on day work is never a good idea unless it's a complex job 99% of good tilers will give you a price but I guess like most trades now it really is pot luck unless they come recommended from someone reliable

Reply to Dot & dabbing tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Kent
Website
http://www.guildplumbing.co.uk

Thread Information

Title
Dot & dabbing tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond