UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Driving licence in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
As above I'm pretty sure you can drive on your license here (as you can drive around the world if you wanted to on any country's license - right?).

I think if you end up living here / driving here for a period of time you do need to obtain a UK license but I couldn't tell you how to go about that, radim seems to know though in post number 2.

J

jonnyc

the greatest benefit of of changing your licence to uk is that your insurance will not be nearly as expensive.
if you actually declare you are a foreigner driving in this country on your own national licence you get heavily penalised.
sometimes they dont ask but i wouldnt want to be in a bad accident and then find i had a problem if i were you.
it has recently cost me an extra 1200 quid to have my romanian employee added as named driver!!!
the disadvantage for him and this may not apply to you if you are hungarian is that he will lose his romanian licence and then assumedly face a problem if he goes home for a bit as he does and has to get iinsurance in his own country with a uk licence, he may get penalised there.
my understanding having spoken to dvla was that my employee could continue to drive on his romanian licence here if it is an eu int licence.
best give them a call. they were very helpful when i called them.
better to speak direct than trawl through pages of gumfp .
and tony are you hungarian!!!

Reply to Driving licence in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to source some specific tiles from Marazzi, but it seems most UK dealers are just...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Morning guys and gals My grandma had this hanging in her kitchen for as long as I can remember...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.