Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Dry Cutter - For new tiler in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

P

PLUMBGAS LTD

Hi All,

Just had a quick query, I’m new to the tiling game - have done some tiling around a bath and my own bathroom.

I’ve been reading all the different threads and I’m in the dilemma of what dry cutter to buy? I’ve come to the conclusion of buying a Rubi – But which one?

I don’t mind spending up to £300, after reading the threads allot of members recommend the TS-50 Plus or TI-66. As I’ve only ever used a basic dry cutter (£20ish) I just wanted to get the expert opinion on the twin or single rail cutter.

I would mainly use if for Bathrooms & Kitchens (Floors & Walls). Im booked to go onto a BAL training course in 3 weeks and I’m planning on re-tiling my own bathroom soon.

Any help is highly recommended as the last thing I want to do is spend some cash on some new kit which will end up sitting in the back of my shed as it’s a load of crap.

Cheers in advance.

P.S Just want to say that this forum is the Dogs Bullocks – Found it so useful and its great because it’s all non biased, true users views.

I use a sigma cm.75 for the big tiles though on some of the hard tiles it takes 2 hands to score the cut its the pull one,on the push tile cutter you can get more pressure on the score with less effort though probably need more cutting wheels
Iv'e used the vitrex 355 on smaller hard tiles with no bother and little effort has a bigger cutting wheel if that makes any difference i dont know

P

PLUMBGAS LTD

Cheers all, I think the best thing for me to do is wait until my course and then see what type of dry cutter i prefer. But in the meanwhile as promised to tile around my sisters bath so i am going to invest in a reasonably priced wet cutter:
Either:

Rubi Diamant ND-180-BL Electric Tile Cutter 230v or A PLASPLUGS MASTER TILER

Just reading other threads to get a better industry opioion, so far i think the Rubi is winning in my eyes – Not only due to the brand name but i have read some stuff about the spindle on the Master Tiler and alot of guys recommend changing the blade. So hopefully with the rubi it will be a bit more cheaper as a first tiler.

Cheers again for all the advise – its been essential.

Tony

Reply to Dry Cutter - For new tiler in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the Which Tile Cutter is Best? Thread I'm tidying up the forum a little bit, and in...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Dry Cutter - For new tiler
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%