Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss dry cutter for porcelain in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all, i know theres loads of threads on here about cutters and everyone likes different ones. I've been tiling on my own about 7 months now and use a genesis dry cutter which cuts up to 600mm. I use it on all my jobs cos its my only dry cutter. I think its a good cutter for ceramic tiles and alot of porcelain, but i've recently done a couple of kitchen splashbacks with 100 x 100mm porcelain 7mm thick and the cutter really struggles. If i only want 10-20 mm cutting off theres no chance so i have to use my little wet cutter but i find it time cosuming. Does anyone know of a good small cutter that will cut tiles like this easier. All opinions welcome :thumbsup:

P

peckers

I use a small sigma scribe cutter for most small tiles it cuts up to a 250mm tile and has a good breaking strain for porcelains etc, spring loaded bed and has a measurement bar and comes with an angle bar too, for your angled cuts, it fits on a work top lovely.
only thing is if you are use to useing say a rubi cutter then the sigma works in the opposite direction IE you pull back wards to scribe and the snapper is on the scribe handle,
I find it easy to use robust and small enough to handle the smallest of tiles
I have had mine for about ten years and the blades last for a long time too.
Great bit of kitt in my oppinion..

T

Time's Ran Out

As I replied on your other thread about the kitchen splashback - invest in a good cutter!
However I find it easier to set up the wet cutter for all kitchen work at the start of the job as I know its going to be used a lot - sockets, L cuts around windows etc.
The best way to cut 10-20 mm cuts from tiles is scribe them at your mark and double what you want say 40mm for a required 20mm cut and then snap it with a pair or Oporto cutters.:thumbsup:
Works on Quarries.

John.

Reply to dry cutter for porcelain in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Preston

Thread Information

Title
dry cutter for porcelain
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%