Discuss Dull marks on edge of porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Grcrawford

I'm having cream polished porcelain tiles laid throughout the downstairs of my house. The tiler has laid most of the kitchen floor today and I can notice dull marks on the edges of some of the tiles which I have tried wiping cleaning etc but to no avail. I'm now unsure about letting him lay the rest of the tiles tomorrow as I don't feel this hazy/dull marking is acceptable. Help I'm so stressed out and confused about how to proceed!

Gina

G

Grcrawford

image.jpg

Its hard to get a good photo because of the spotlights shining down but you can see the hazy line along the edge

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
That's what I thought so I should be contacting the tile shop. Such a nightmare and strange that its only around the edges of the tiles. Should I be pushing for the tile shop to be footing the bill, so far only about 1/4 of the total tiles have been laid so I know we can return unopened tiles but what about the tiles laid today? Not to mention the tilers time etc.

Discuss it calmly with the tiler first IMO but do it before he starts laying more just in case it is a tile issue....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Dull marks on edge of porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hello, I recently lifted some modern tiles to reveal the original Victorian Tiles (Actually...
Replies
Views
Porcelain Tiles installed a fews months back and since installation they’ve got dull haze lines...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, first time poster so be kind! I had some porcelain tiles fitted in 2012, in the...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB