Guest viewing is limited

Discuss dumped m&s kent job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Basically their bank will pay you mate so don't panic, just make sure there isn't an extra charge for this service:thumbsup:

Businesses factor their debts all the time but generally in the other direction , i.e. if they are owed money from their sales ledger the bank will give them a percentage(80%) and then the debt belongs to the bank who then chases it. It just maintains a steady cash flow for a business.

Never heard of it being done the way you are suggesting though....

PM me exactly what he's said mate and I'll see if I can pick the bones out of it.

Last edited:

nybor62

TF
rotherham
Basically their bank will pay you mate so don't panic, just make sure there isn't an extra charge for this service:thumbsup:

Businesses factor their debts all the time but generally in the other direction , i.e. if they are owed money from their sales ledger the bank will give them a percentage(80%) and then the debt belongs to the bank who then chases it. It just maintains a steady cash flow for a business.

Never heard of it being done the way you are suggesting though....

PM me exactly what he's said mate and I'll see if I can pick the bones out of it.

right i get that maybe ill consider going back , will need to talk with them again i think

P

Pebbs

Nybor, speak with Merle, hes up on all of this. But like some have said on this, we have to wait a long long time for payment on some contracts. With one contractor I have to wait up to 120 days after the application for payment.

If they are putting the contract through factoring then it means they will prob invoice every week and get the money released the same day by the factor company so you get paid. But now that Ive said that...SOMETHING STINKS! A company cannot pick and choose with contracts you are going to put through a factoring company, its all or nothing, so now Im thinking that was a lie from the start about you having to wait for your money and the balance would be paid when they get paid. You be careful and ensure that you get your money on time every week.

Pebbs

D

Daz

Bottom line is that the company you are subbing to will issue an invoice to their customer. The bank will pay 80% of the incvoice to your "employer" which means that they have ready cash to enable "cash flow", i.e. payment for services rendered. Your "employer" will have to pay a service charge for this but that is not an issue for you.

When your "employer" gets their invoice paid in full the bank releases the final 20% to them. The debt remains with your "employer" so if the invoice is not paid it is up to them to repay the bank. Should this become an issue you will have your money and be well gone, besides they cannot try to recover the money from you, so happy days :thumbsup:.

In your position, I would get back on the job and take the money that you are owed. You will get paid regardless of whether your "employer" gets paid or not. Take the money and don't worry.

I have worked in an industry that uses factoring as standard business practice. I admit that I haven't necessarily explained it as well as I possibly could / should have and feel free to discuss with Kev (Merlecollins) or I for more info.

Good luck and I hope you make the right decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to dumped m&s kent job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We are currently getting our whole house refurbished. The standard of the work as been very high...
Replies
Views
To tiling contractors that hire tilers, where do you advertise to find tilers to fill the rolls...
Replies
Views
Hi we are Large format tile installers. With over 20 years of tiling experience . We have...
Replies
Views
John Lancaster
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

rotherham

Thread Information

Title
dumped m&s kent job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.