Discuss Dura-WP Wet room wall tanking kit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

shorn

I bought this from wetdecs.co.uk, however did not use the kit. (Well I did use the pipe collars so these are the only things not included.
The info:
The Dura-wp tanking solution is made up of various items depending on requirements for your wet room.

• Dura wp tanking membrane
  • Dura-flex flexible angle tape
  • Pre-made flexi internal corners
  • Flexi pipe collars *Not included
  • Pre-made flexi internal corners

Each wet room build will require some if not all of these items in differing numbers. As you can see there is no gum or resin mentioned, the reason for this is all the Dura-wp tanking components are fixed with flexible powdered tile adhesive. By fixing in this way, the adhesive should already be on site, there is always enough and its straight forward to use without mess or hastle of being self adhesive.
When using Dura-wp in home showers and wetrooms no special substrates are required general plasterboard walls are sufficient. Dura-wp is suitable for use with heavy loads and carries no 20kg/m2 weight restriction.
The membrane itself is a physical one is less than .5mm thick and comes off a roll so you dont have to worry about warranty related to thickness applied as you do with paint on membranes. All items exhibit flexibility this is important when you think that buildings especially new ones move due to settlement expansion contraction etc. Using Dura-flex ensures no tearing in corners and transitions and a reliable seal.

I paid £105 for the kit so I think £75 (postage included) is fair, bearing in mind it does not have the pipe collars. Everything else is included. Everything is exactly as I received it (i.e. the matting has not been unwrapped at all, and is still in its original packing.)

Please get in contact if your interested, payment by Paypal.

Reply to Dura-WP Wet room wall tanking kit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First time poster and tiler here. Hoping to get a bit of advice on tiling a wet room...
Replies
Views
Had wet system UFH installed on a concrete subfloor to the whole ground floor ie living room...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Dura-WP Wet room wall tanking kit
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.