Discuss Durabella batons in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Can anyone give advice on laying 450mm x 450mm porcelain floor tile over a durabella baton floor. site agent doesnt want a step going into the kitchen, they were goin to go with a 15mm ply overlay, green sheets on the floor already.
there is a bit of deflection in the floor that i dont like the look of.
done a job a couple of years ago something the same & used bal elastometric floor adhesive.
site agent was going to check on tilebacker boards 6mm?????.
not 100% sure how to go about this.

S

Stef

Durabella batons are for sound proofing.. is this an up stairs floor..?

Basically thet are batons with sound proofing strips along the side that sits on the floor then the chipboard is screwed to that but still floats..

Yeah dave spot on, upstairs flat (new build) concrete bysons, i was walking back over the floor today again & expressed my concerns about the movement in the floor. the builder has now decided to either lay linolium or click flooring, so its all good.

have you ever tiled over durabellas?

S

Stef

I have not no.. just i have heard of them on a big job i was on about 3 year back.. it was a system they looked at but swapped to full sound mats instead.

We did do a bathroom floor in a flat in Largs a few years back for a house builder but we told him that we dont recommend you tile over it.
He contacted Cosmo Ceramics & they told him to overlay with 15mm ply & use Bal elastometric adhesive.
I think the floor is still ok as we have never been asked to go back & look at it.
Cheers dave.:thumbsup:

S

Stef

If it a floater then you are well and truly best not touching it. There are hundreds of tilers that have tiled onto floaters and had no problems (Im one of them) but they are so problematic it really is a gamble and I would refuse to tile onto any floating floor.

Thanks for post tho, I learned something new :thumbsup:

cheers Rich, good to hear that, as sir ramic said in another post, "its the tilers that dont learn from this site we should be worried about" :7:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Durabella batons in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bit of an intro - I'm a competent DIYer and have been refurbing the bathroom on and off for the...
Replies
Views
L
Hi guys, Last time I posted here I was having a first attempt at tiling the walls in a shower...
Replies
Views
Waluigi
W
B
Hi, New to the site, but been lurking for a while and I'm after a bit of advice about timber...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
F
Hi all I'm tiling my second kitchen, and just wanted to check in with you all that I'm doing it...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Durabella batons
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.