UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss ebay dispute in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

i sold a faulty laptop (it only worked off the 240v) 6 weeks ago to a trader off ebay for £80. he messaged me after receiving it and said he thinks there's a loose connection and it wont power up. i said it was fine when i sent it to which he replied 'i'll check it out on monday. i've not heard nothing since till tonight when he sent me a snotty message demanding feedback. i told him due to his abrupt manner i won't be leaving any. he then left me negative feedback to which i did the same for him. he then opened a dispute demanding his money back because the laptops faulty, paypal have now frozen my account whilst the dispute is sorted. what a prat eh? do you think he has a chance of winning it? i think he's left it too late, 5 weeks between emails and he only disputed it cos i left him negative feedback. he's really wound me up now. i also didn't know i had £93 in my paypal account :mad2:

S

stephen street

Mike,
Looks to me as you may have broken a golden rule "never admit to OWT". Or did you sell it as faulty? He looks, by your wording,to have got back to you promptly. Its your paypal account that is now frozen, so I feel he may at least have won round one. Words of advise "Don't get a lawyer involve over 80 quid,it will cost you that and more just for a half hour chat.
(That's my bit of "Barrack room lawyer" PRO BONO for today!)
Steve

O

Olz

I think you get 60 days, ive had the same with someone who i sold an old mobile to, who claimed to have sent it back claiming it was faulty. The reality was they got over exited in a bidding war and paid way over the odds.

It never turned up, and despite saying they had sent it tracked they flat refused to provide the tracking number.

I told them to claim of royal mail for a lost parcel as they were clearly full of it, never heard a thing back until about four months later when they tried it on again demanding a refund or they would open a dispute. So i looked into it and it was too late.

Problem with ebay now, its full of chancers and tat.

Although we made £200 last month selling the missus unworn clothes and bags along with some unused dive kit. And I sold an old laptop to a trader but clearly stated it was broken and sold for spares or repairs only. Got £56 for it which was a plesant suprise.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
After 6 weeks he wouldn't have been able to start the dispute. Unlucky mate.

You need to point out to paypal/ebay that you said in your listing that it was faulty and that it only worked with the AC adaptor and that it was working fine when you sent it.

eBay do seem to be biased towards buyers moreso than sellers though these days. I tend not to buy anything of value from there and haven't for years. Got some bargain fishing tackle not so long ago though.

M

Mike

After 6 weeks he wouldn't have been able to start the dispute. Unlucky mate.

You need to point out to paypal/ebay that you said in your listing that it was faulty and that it only worked with the AC adaptor and that it was working fine when you sent it.

eBay do seem to be biased towards buyers moreso than sellers though these days. I tend not to buy anything of value from there and haven't for years. Got some bargain fishing tackle not so long ago though.
i will tell them cheers dan, here's the listing, as you can see it was explained eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
lol not sure your reply to his feedback will help haha - made me chuckle though. Been there done that. lolol

I'm sure you'll be fine mate you stated it only works off the adapter. Make sure you point out in your reply to the dispute that the guy had first complained about it only working off the adapter and say he mustn't have seen the comments regarding the battery being faulty. Then when he responds again saying it never worked, say he only ever said that after you had pointed out the comments regarding the battery in the listing in red font.

There's a chance he'll get away with it but I'd like to think ebay can clock what's gone on there.

Hi mike, for what its worth, i've been in similar situations myself and i find that asking myself the question " how much is it going to cost me to make all this bother to go away?" only you can answer that question. But when i get wound up especially when someone else has created all the drama, i end up doing something i might regret. In the end i just have to weigh up what its going to cost for my sanity or lack of.:mad2:
hope it ends well for you

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to ebay dispute in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Sorry for asking a question that I already think i know the answer to but I just need...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
ebay dispute
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.