Discuss ed, aston tiling gets a sigma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

ed rang me last week for advice about sigmas
any way he ordered one , and promptly sent it back did,nt like it
says us sigma users are crazy . lol,
i said i would,nt mention it on the forum , but i could,nt resist it

:lol: I had the same conversation with Ed, over the last few weeks. He has returned from the dark side, nice one Ed.:cool::thumbsup:

A

Aston

this is the best view a rubi user will ever have of a sigma!!! all boxed up and ready to go back lol
i gauged a few opinions, rob, joe and andy carroll (the tiler, not the player) and i should have gone with my head and not bothered...soon as i got it out of the box i thought, its going back...too bulky, big measuring bar in your way and a huge clumpy handle blocking your view. not for me thanks. tx700 all day long for me and tbo, id rather use a ts60 and have more fun breaking porcs over a lump hammer ;0)

sigma tat.jpg

H

hillhead

Big and bulky Ed my ***, lol.
You should see my SIGMA 3D.
Maybe big to you, but they are so strong and steady!
Also not so weighty, i think i could drive over them and not break em,lol.
Fair play Ed for sending it back if not right for you.
That 3B is my main cutter and would not swap for nowt at the minute.
It's all about what we trained on i think plus how long does a cutter last us? ...................................................... long time if it's a ..............................................................................SIGMA. .... lol.

M

Mike

i was forced into using a sigma after my ts60 wouldn't cut porcelain. at first i didn't like it but had no choice to get the job finished but after getting used to it it's the dogs. even on ceramics it cuts a perfect line every time . the way i cut is loosen the angle bar tap it around whilst eyeing the 2 marks on the tile with the rail then when aligned lock the angle bar, then line up the near mark on the tile with centre/cutting line then scribe and cut. no need to be leaning over trying to see the cutting wheel lining up with the tile marks. it may sound long winded but it's not when you get used to it. i only used to use my rubi for the first wall into the corner as it wasn't accurate enough for the second wall. my sigma saves me so much time. i'd never go 'back' now :thumbsup:

P

Perry

i was forced into using a sigma after my ts60 wouldn't cut porcelain. at first i didn't like it but had no choice to get the job finished but after getting used to it it's the dogs. even on ceramics it cuts a perfect line every time . the way i cut is loosen the angle bar tap it around whilst eyeing the 2 marks on the tile with the rail then when aligned lock the angle bar, then line up the near mark on the tile with centre/cutting line then scribe and cut. no need to be leaning over trying to see the cutting wheel lining up with the tile marks. it may sound long winded but it's not when you get used to it. i only used to use my rubi for the first wall into the corner as it wasn't accurate enough for the second wall. my sigma saves me so much time. i'd never go 'back' now :thumbsup:

yes they cut well but never found them as accurate as the TS when mitring

Reply to ed, aston tiling gets a sigma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to correct some work performed by my tiler. I have sent photos to him of the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

rotherham

Thread Information

Title
ed, aston tiling gets a sigma
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.