UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Epoxy grout. Timescale. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Kerapoxy 3mm groutlines!

That's good gear to use, make sure the tubs are kept warm prior to use as it makes it a lot easier to use, iirc the coverage out of a tub isn't great, but we had 5mm joints, you'll need lots of clean water, a few pads and sponges, it really won't be a bad job, good luck, just use one tub at a time,both apply it and both wash off, you'll have it done in no time, the last job I used it on we had about 50m2 on the ceiling alone, mid June in the heat, ouch, some pictures in my albums under Chiswick house,

N

NZ_Tiler

If you spread to much epoxy and don't wash it off in time, it will go hard on the tile making it near impossible to wash off. It will also go off in the bucket if you mix more then you can spread in a short amount of time. Scales are a good precise way to half the tubs. This way you are working with fresh grout, easier to spread and wash off, and no waste from it going off in the bucket. Use plenty of fresh water with emulsifying pads then a wash with clean sponges. Have fun!:smilewinkgrin:

Hello... becouse if you done this many times it's easy for you , but if some never did apoxy it's -hell

Hello lmao, how old, anyway, I only asked because you said you can't do more than 2m2 at a time, just wondering what your thinking was, it does all depend on experience, confidence etc but anyone and I do mean anyone should be able to do a tub at a time.

A

astute1

I have done a lot of epoxy over the last couple of years and wish to share a secret that has made this process almost as easy as cement based grout.

This is the use of a product called Epex-wash. This is a German product based out of Stuttgart. A tiler down here in NZ imports it after he discovered it over your way.

A cap full of this in your (warm )clean up water will allow the epoxy to come off the tiles a thousand times easier. then when you wash your pads and sponges in the bucket for your next wipe the epoxy comes out of your pads and sponges and into the bottem of the bucket. It really is brilliant. I woundnt to epoxy with out it. Its costly down here, about $100 nz for a litre, but as your only using a couple or three cap fulls per job its not to bad.

Also when you apply it to your epoxy on the tile it slows up the rate of hardening. So we go 2.5 kgs at a time, get it applied then get some water on with the epex in it, then you can take a little more time in the removal and ensuring your grout is looking as good as you can.

N

nudge

hi "astute1"
i just read the M.S.D.S. on that product on the web & am a now sure that the Christchurch earth quakes were caused by some body smoking near by this product !!!! -- seriously though always check to see what your using - - this stuff is unbelievably hazodous in so many different ways it just could not be recomended to anyone - try white scourers by 3M with plenty of water, ( don't be scared ) and use a old wet towel, laid flat & dragged low for initial clean and or Laticrete Eporip or Mapei Kerapoxy cleaner ( NEW ) for any final wash - remember there will almost certainly be a clear residue that must be cleaned off the next day with a scrubb & an alcaline cleaner as well.

Cheers & good health Bro !

M

MTiler

Acetone will clean up your tools and any excess epoxy that hasnt dried. Any dried epoxy you want to clean up just use a heat gun to soften it. Always wear Nitrile gloves as you may be sensitive to it, as I am and have had bad reactions to it. If you have any cuts on hands/arms keep them covered.
If theres two of you just have one person applying it while the other follows cleaning it off with warm water if you can. If the room youre in is warm it goes off very quick, again acetone will clean it.
Its the grout of the devil lol. Have fun.

missyT

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Epoxy grout. Timescale. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have had both polished and matt textured wood effect tiles laid in my house and am having...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.