Discuss erbauer v mackintosh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stavross

hello experts...im ready to invest in a "desent" tile cutter for around 60 quid,ive heard good things about the erbauer 750w model[59.99] but b&q had a offer on the mac with laser guide...?is this laser a gimmick? is the mac another b&q gimmick[the laser] i think im on the right track with the erbauer but ive got some meaty 10mm tiles and when i buy any tools i like to get the best possible unlike my dad who buys cheap....and buys twice....nutool anyone? any advice would be gratly recieved!

G

Gazzer

hello experts...im ready to invest in a "desent" tile cutter for around 60 quid,ive heard good things about the erbauer 750w model[59.99] but b&q had a offer on the mac with laser guide...?is this laser a gimmick? is the mac another b&q gimmick[the laser] i think im on the right track with the erbauer but ive got some meaty 10mm tiles and when i buy any tools i like to get the best possible unlike my dad who buys cheap....and buys twice....nutool anyone? any advice would be gratly recieved!

Ermm isnt that contradicting yourself ?

B

Bolter

If its from B&Q your tag line should read "buy expensive AND buy twice." They stock some right old guff, these two budget brands from example. Yes, may last a job or two for the local DIY'er, but give em something meaty to cut and it will fall apart.

You know you can spend £600 on a radial tile cutter? Just to show you how budget those two are.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
If its from B&Q your tag line should read "buy expensive AND buy twice." They stock some right old guff, these two budget brands from example. Yes, may last a job or two for the local DIY'er, but give em something meaty to cut and it will fall apart.

You know you can spend £600 on a radial tile cutter? Just to show you how budget those two are.

I hate using B&Q and would rather not praise them but I got a Macallister 240v paddle mixer from the nearly 4 years ago, it was on offer at the time so for £40 it was worth the risk. It's been one of the best tools I've ever purchased. It get's abused day after day and is still going strong. I know it's normally a risk buying cheap but occasionally there are some bargains out there :thumbsup:
Having said that I'm looking for a new wet cutter at the moment and regardless of the price I don't think anything will deter me from buying the Dewalt D24000!!:lol:

G

Gustyturbine

Erbauer are made for Scewfix only. Budget tools. Made for the DIY'r so 2 year guarantee knowing they will be used maybe 4 times in 2 years. Guarantee gone then bust. I have used a few in the past. My jigsaw was left plugged in and decided to start itself and then go up in smoke. I was next to it but if I had left it plugged in overnight at my new build I could have lost the house!!!! Erbauer= concrete parachute= glass hammer= skirting board ladder= crap. 60 quid is not much of a budget in the big picture! :thumbsdown:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to erbauer v mackintosh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
erbauer v mackintosh
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.