Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Ever seen a UFO? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

there is defo something else out there as my other 1/2 is living proof there is no way she is from the same planet as me,whatever planet it is the must use old italian lira style money though as she could spend thousands in minutes and her reaction speed of emptying her purse is frightening by human standards:smilewinkgrin:
on this planet she also thinks spending a night with the in-laws is a good way to relax :mad2:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
During a backpacking holiday , camping by a lake near Porthleven, it was only as big as a star, but 5 of us say the same, this 'star' moving very fast across the sky, perfectly and quickly zigzagging, and then back again, at a level parallel... weird weird...

This probably was a star. But one orbiting another star, or even a black hole if you saw it do it rapidly, not unheard of. Due to the solstice of other stars (so the way they tilt during rotations, and the tilt looks like a rocking from far away as other stars rotate around it but follow it's tilt) being much different to our summer and winter solstice, you can find that a star appears to shoot from side to side when actually it's simply rotating evenly, but due to their pattern of rotation AND our own, it gives the impression as though the star is moving from side to side.

Not sure which great old timer it was (after reading up on so many I mix them up) but the person who discovered this happened did so by pointing out that the sun doesn't revolve around us, be we and all our planet revolve around it. And he worked this out by mapping ALL the stars, and he found that the sun was the only one in comparison to the rest of the planets that actually stayed still. And all the other planets rocked from side to side whilst swooping around the sun during mapping it.

What was later figured out was the distance the planet rocked from side to side as it swooped gave a distance of how far the planet was away from their star, and how big the star was, and where in relation to their own solar systems they are from each other. From this then they can work out other things like how fast each of the planets orbits a star compared to the rest of the planets.

We then judge whole solar systems doing a similar thing, and we've predicted how far whole solar systems are away from us, and this then gave us a sort of guide as to how far the "edge of the universe" is away. And also at what rate we're expanding.

This then gave us the sad truth that explains why we will never ever reach the edge of the universe, meaning we can never ever explore it all, as by the time we reach to the bit we knew as the edge, the edge would be millions of years further away, and millions of years in our time could be much much longer further away from us.

Or that's how I read the many documentary's, books and websites lol - I've never actually asked anybody.

That all said (and that was a lot I know lol) I hope you're right, and if not and I got all that correct, then what you witnesses was something very unique.

If it wasn't all of the above, it could have just been a meteor caught up in gravity from a bunch of either planet, solar systems, or stars, depending on how far away it was (assuming it was much bigger if it was further away - else you couldn't have seen it through our atmosphere). Whatever it was. Nice one for spotting it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The nearest thing I could quickly find to back this up is this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duoHtJpo4GY]YouTube - Tracking Stars Orbiting the Milky Way's Central Black Hole [720p][/ame]

If you look near the end, you'll see a star orbiting a black hole, and black holes can move quickly, giving the impression the star is rocking. On the angle it shows you, which is more to do with showing you the circle of the orbit and how the black hole interferes with it, you don't get the exact impression, but imagine looking at that bang on side on, you'd simply see the star going from side to side.

Now the thing is, what I was searching for just was an example or proof of one 'rocking' suddenly. The one in the youtube video takes more than a few days to orbit. So seeing one rock a few times in minutes, or even hours, perhaps could be something else. :smilewinkgrin:

Look at that, two average sized posts and we're back to square one. I've actually said nothing using hundreds of words.

Time for bed me thinks. :D:D

U

user123

Wow, you're really into this, Dan, aren't you? The speed of the simulation is right, ring of truth in this, it's just that the 'star' went zigzagging across the third of the visible sky and back again,a huge distance, perfectly zigzagging at that speed, really something, and then back again, as said, at a lower, not closer, just parallel level and then just disappeared. No bigger than all the other stars, so no impressive size or anything like that.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hmmm, firstly, can't believe I wrote all that so late last night lol

But secondly I don't think it could have been what I'm explaining as generallyyou'd sort of see two stars 'dancing' or one star circling another, for it to cover such a large distance in the sky and do it, it would have had to be so close to us that it would appear huge. If it was a comet close to us, I don't think it would have changed direction quite like that (though still plausible), and you'd have probably seen the trail it leaves behind it.

Very strange. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I was once abducted by aliens. They took me to a planet far far away and experimented on me. As a result of this, I have lost all my hair, have developed a huge gut, suffer from extreme flatulence and my money does not last very long. Damn those aliens.

I'm sure they've had me too then mate.

U

user123

Dan, yes, your write-up was pretty impressive!! :smilewinkgrin: talking about comets, the clear skies over Yorkshire are a treat for seeing them, but really, the speed, considering the much shorter triangle leg distance, seemed faster still, there we were, in our sleeping bags under the open sky, and as said, we all saw it, - the length of one triangle side was just about covered by looking at our thumbs, with our arms stretched out, trying to measure it, we thought maybe we'd come across some mathematical clever cloggs who could work out the real distance..but of course not knowing the real size of the thing, just seeing it as the same as all the other stars, it's impossible. And no, no trace or trail behind, nothing.

U

user123

Very strange but there's far more we don't know about space than we do. I'd say it's a UFO for sure, but not an alien space ship or anything, just literally something that couldn't be identified.

Oh well.

Exactly!! I keep saying that, it was something I couldn't identify, so of course it's a UFO to me! The idea of alien visitors would scare the heck out of me, simply because different life forms would mean different bacteria, nightmare scenario :yikes:, don't like the idea one little bit. There are so many strange animals about, you can see where the images of aliens come from, and let's face it there are interesting and different enough.

Reply to Ever seen a UFO? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
Where to get a Tiling NVQ Hi,I did the 4wk course in Warrington back in Sept, being a plasterer...
Replies
Views
PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Ever seen a UFO?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.