UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Expansion joints with UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

slikt

But adhesive directions will state this..

Hi Dave, might just box clever and wait 14 days as, I have used BAL Bond to prime floor, then pro flexible to adhere insulation boards, then laid UFH, then used Renovation screed over UFH, then finally used Pro Flexible again to adhere tiles (used a 20mm round notch trowel), i've also buttered the backs of the tiles. Hopefully i've covered my rear end. . lol

S

Stef

We are having nitemares with UFH, the builders & plumbers will not listen to me when i tell them the procedure for the UFH, as a result we are still going back & repairing a floor 2 1/2 years later, we never done initial installation. tbh the whole floor has to come up.
On another build the plumbers turned the UFH on full when commissioning & the rooms temp hit 38, they shocked the concrete that much that there are 10mm cracks throughout the house, luckily we only tiled 2 floors but i know we will be back for ongoing repairs.
Listen to the advice from Dave & save yourself a lot of hassle, you have done everything right so far.
What did you think of the profix? was it the pink/blue bags?

S

slikt

We are having nitemares with UFH, the builders & plumbers will not listen to me when i tell them the procedure for the UFH, as a result we are still going back & repairing a floor 2 1/2 years later, we never done initial installation. tbh the whole floor has to come up.
On another build the plumbers turned the UFH on full when commissioning & the rooms temp hit 38, they shocked the concrete that much that there are 10mm cracks throughout the house, luckily we only tiled 2 floors but i know we will be back for ongoing repairs.
Listen to the advice from Dave & save yourself a lot of hassle, you have done everything right so far.
What did you think of the profix? was it the pink/blue bags?

Yeah thats what i've been reading and I have to say the first time i laid UFH years ago, I didnt do the right prep work (rushed into it and was given the wrong adhesive by customer, but he wouldnt budge) and it was a , my fault and i've learned from it, so with this one, i've taken my time and done everything to the letter. Thank for this site. . lol and again thanks to all that have given me their help and advice :)

I really liked the Pro Flex, never used it before but the guy at Tile Giant done me a fantastic deal on my tiles and adhesives, I usually use BAL single part, found the Mapei gear to be as nice to trowel, very fluid yet elastic, hopefully it wont let me down with my floor. . lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Expansion joints with UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
I plan to lay a circa 8m x 4m patio using a concrete slab and fixing with tile adhesive. The...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, looking for advice. About to install a limestone floor. 900mm x 600mm x18mm on a 50mm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Expansion joints with UFH
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.