Discuss Experience Lag When Typing? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It's not server related.

It's how browsers are processing the forum style by the looks of it. As a mod you can use the stock forum style which should sort it out I think (although can't remember who think it was Marvo who still had some lag even on that which is weird).

Close all browser tabs. I found when I had a shed load open it lagged once one time but haven't been able to replicate it since. Not sure why.

I think you might be able to get rid of WYSIWYG text editor via your forum settings (mark / whitebeam did it by accident) which might help the processing of typing.

W

White Room

Yep I still have some lag even with the basic style. I just tried closing the other 6 or 7 tabs that were open and that has helped quite a bit. I'm resigned to the fact I need to get a newer laptop, I think the 256megs or ram on this one isn't cutting the mustard any more.

Can't we just go back to DOS? Just thinking out loud, I liked DOS ;)

Last time I saw that 2 cavaliers were fighting in the corner of a pub:)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Experience Lag When Typing? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Our tile installer abandoned our new installation project. A smaller section of cut tile...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just after a bit of advice. I've just had some 15mm limestone tiles fitted in my...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Good Evening Folks. I'm going to post a few pictures & would like to hear some feedback from...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB