Discuss external joints in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Hi all,

Just wondering what your preferance is when doing an external corner joint with rectified porcelain. Generally i have been finishing with chrome square edge but my last few jobs i have finished with butting joint, i think this gives a less blingy and more natural classy timeless look imo, Or you coulf finish with external mitre which looks good too!... obviously its customer who will have final say though.

Chers,
Mark....

and merry chrismas to ya all too!! ;-)

B

Bubblecraft

I've only ever had one job that had brushed chrome bath & sink taps. Normally polished chrome taps & matching trim.
Like these:
yzy6a5u8.jpg
pemubute.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
The square chrome trims seem to be popular at the moment and i use cubes rather than mitreing corners for window reveals and where 3 corners meet.

On my own bathroom I didn't want to use a chrome trim and the tiles are 1m x 0.5m, so in my wisdom I decided to get some brushed chrome L trim, key it with sandpaper, prime it, and then pick the two main colours out of the tiles (Silver/grey and brown) and use a car spray with a couple of coats and then a satin lacquer.

Here's the result (Sorry Tony)

photo-17.jpg

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
The square chrome trims seem to be popular at the moment and i use cubes rather than mitreing corners for window reveals and where 3 corners meet.

On my own bathroom I didn't want to use a chrome trim and the tiles are 1m x 0.5m, so in my wisdom I decided to get some brushed chrome L trim, key it with sandpaper, prime it, and then pick the two main colours out of the tiles (Silver/grey and brown) and use a car spray with a couple of coats and then a satin lacquer.

Here's the result (Sorry Tony)

View attachment 47648
and you used to be my mitre friend ... :lol:
. Looks good John:thumbsup:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
and you used to be my mitre friend ... :lol:
. Looks good John:thumbsup:

I still am Tony, they do occasionally get done when a customer will pay Tony.
The paint is very robust with the lacquer on :hammer:

It actually took me longer to spray and finish the trim than it would have done to mitre. Tiles are 1m x 0.5m so I may have struggled a bit anyway

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to external joints in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
Hey guys, So I got this terrace to tile and grout, thankfully only 3.2m X 900mm in these tiles...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
C
Looking for an external corner trim that overlaps edges of both tiles rather than having one...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
O
Hi, first time posting and still cutting my teeth! I have a job which involves an external...
Replies
Views
J
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to view my thread and hopefully you experience gents and...
Replies
Views
S
T
Had a tiler come round to give a quote for tiling my bathroom. I have 60x60 porcelain to go on...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB