Guest viewing is limited

Discuss External tile adhesive and grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

robwild

Hi, My name's Rob, I'm a newbie to this forum, whilst I'm a reasonably competent DIYer I've done very little tiling, but that is about to change!

I share a holiday home some friends, we are fortunate enough to have a pool, but the 10 - 15 year old tile surround is now starting to lift in places. One of our jobs for the summer hols is to rectify this.

I've uploaded an old picture onto flickr (but it does not show the work required):

Flickr: robwild's Photostream

My local DIY stocks Unibond Rapid Set adhesive and their quick white grout, but I'm wondering if there are better products available?

I would welcome some advice on the best adhesive to use to repair the affected patches (c.5 -10sq.m.) whether I need an additive, and what preparation is required of the concrete substrate, other than a lot of elbow grease to remove the old adhesive.

Thanks

R

robwild

ROB TRY ARDEX, OR MAPEI, OR BAL :thumbsup:THEY ALL DO AN OUTSIDE FLEXIBLE ADDY AND GROUT THAT WOULD BE SUITABLE

Thanks for this Gooner. I've just been on the Bal website, quite a mindboggling choice. Would their Rapidset flexible adhesive with Superflex grout be a suitable choice or would you recommend another of their products, such as the Supercover rapid flex?

R

robwild

Thanks for this Gooner. I've just been on the Bal website, quite a mindboggling choice. Would their Rapidset flexible adhesive with Superflex grout be a suitable choice or would you recommend another of their products, such as the Supercover rapid flex?

Hi just checked another local stockist of Mapei would Keraflex with Ultracolour plus grout be suitable?

Reply to External tile adhesive and grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
As an introduction, I'm a DIY home owner who has gutted the bathroom in a house built in 1980...
Replies
Views
Tony R
T
Hi, Absolute newby here in terms of tiling. Having been doing lots of research and I think I`m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
External tile adhesive and grout
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.