UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss fair price or not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brodxx

Just been to price a indian restuarant up and need to know if ive given a fair price, the job consists of 26m2 flooring and 47m2 walls (ceramic) its alovely job its like a blank canvas, an empty room one large window and two doors, the walls have all been newly plastered, the floor is halve covered with old lino but on the whole very level, I have giving him the full discount on the tiles he needs to buy at the local retailer, he wants chrome trims (16m), he has another floor which requires doing next door (didnt want it priced up just yet) and another place in newcastle! I offered to do the job supplying all the gear(less tiles) for £2200, I also pointed out that he would save at least £250 on tiles by going through me. bearing in mind of future work of this possible client does my price seem fair?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
This seems a very fair price, and you've dropped on too I think mate, well done. Don't discount too much based on people saying they have more work for you though, most will have but one time you'll get stung.

I always say once I've done this job I'll discount your next one providing this one goes well. But still price competitively on the first.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to fair price or not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! We're doing quite a sizeable house renovation, and want to change from laying wooden...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys. Customer has one of those townhouses where the bottom floor is dug into the ground so...
Replies
Views
J
Hi everyone I've done several trades across construction, and the thing I struggle most with is...
Replies
Views
F
Had one today, Went to look at the job prior to starting. It's a plumber who I know's daughter...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.