Discuss FAO smokers wanting to quit in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
Thinking of quitting smoking?
  • Don't listen to people telling you to quit or die early. If you enjoy it do it. You are going to die one day anyway.
  • Smoking is not addictive. Smoking is a habit. If you want to quit its the habit to kick not the addiction (look carefully at your smoking, you always want a cigarette at certain times because it's a habit - the only withdrawal symptom you really get from not smoking is a mild hunger for tobacco, and a massive longing to continue your habits).
  • Why use e-cigs or vape? If you want to quit then quit. Don't waste time and money on something that ultimately is giving you less satisfaction than the real thing.
  • All smoke (tobacco or otherwise) is highly toxic and bad for the health of anyone inhaling it. Anyone who tells you any different is lying.
  • I personally love the smell of smoke. The smell of some pipe tobacco and cigars still makes my mouth water. However, some people detest the smell - respect their upset if you blow smoke over them.
  • I smoked for 35 years. I stopped without spending a penny on any "support." I just decided that smoking was like setting fire to money, and when I stopped and brutally analysed myself, I never felt any better for smoking - so why do it?
  • Finally - I hate the anti-smoking lobby. Self righteous, obnoxious, opinionated, and ultimately hypocritical - everyone has their weaknesses and non-smokers are causing every bit as much pollution as smokers. So from one ex-smoker to all you current smokers - as I said at the start, smoking is your personal lifestyle choice. Do it if it makes you happy and to all those trying to tell you to quit - tell them to go away (other phrases are available to make your feelings known).
PS. This reads like a lecture. Please feel free to disagree.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to FAO smokers wanting to quit in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB