UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Fibonacci Numbers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
What gets me is that everything must have a beginning. So how did the universe begin? What was there before it and how did that begin? It's not possible for there to be nothing, but then again there must be a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We believe we've found the starting point of the universe where it was mainly gas and energy, and eventually gravity formed a few rocks, starts, planets, they kept smashing in each other to form new ones. Stars die out and explode and hit other gases and starts and planets which sparks new planets, rocks, stars. Then we've got millions of blackholes sucking in galaxy's, stars, planets, solar systems and they eventually 'exlode' too (turn into quasars) which emit energy into other gases stars and planets. It keeps going on.

So it's fair to say we might have only found the starting point of the galaxies near us as we just can't measure relatively far away from us as we've only been exploring space for the past 50 odd years. Hence many of us (not most now I'm pleased to say) still believing in a fictional character(s) written only a couple of thousand years ago.

The sad truth is there probably is other life on other planets far away. But it would take thousands of years to get out of our own solar system, let alone get to another. We would need to support life on a ship of some form and keep it going on lifeless fuel (solar or something) but we just don't have the tech.

We've literally only just discovered that there are other planets and not gods up there in space. So it'll be a long long time before we manage to find the truth behind what's out there. The furthest a man has ever got is to our moon. Which in space terms; is as close to earth as your front window is to your front door. We've not even managed to cross the road.

I doubt in our lifetime we'll even get to our moon again. And there is a good chance human life will die out before we even have the tech to get a human to even mars and the likes.

Though don't be fooled into thinking some god or being made all of this. The truth is much more interesting. We keep using the same energy that has always existed and it keeps reforming into other planets, stars, moons, rocks, and every now and again - life like us, or dinosaurs even.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
We believe we've found the starting point of the universe where it was mainly gas and energy, and eventually gravity formed a few rocks, starts, planets, they kept smashing in each other to form new ones. Stars die out and explode and hit other gases and starts and planets which sparks new planets, rocks, stars. Then we've got millions of blackholes sucking in galaxy's, stars, planets, solar systems and they eventually 'exlode' too (turn into quasars) which emit energy into other gases stars and planets. It keeps going on.

So it's fair to say we might have only found the starting point of the galaxies near us as we just can't measure relatively far away from us as we've only been exploring space for the past 50 odd years. Hence many of us (not most now I'm pleased to say) still believing in a fictional character(s) written only a couple of thousand years ago.

The sad truth is there probably is other life on other planets far away. But it would take thousands of years to get out of our own solar system, let alone get to another. We would need to support life on a ship of some form and keep it going on lifeless fuel (solar or something) but we just don't have the tech.

We've literally only just discovered that there are other planets and not gods up there in space. So it'll be a long long time before we manage to find the truth behind what's out there. The furthest a man has ever got is to our moon. Which in space terms; is as close to earth as your front window is to your front door. We've not even managed to cross the road.

I doubt in our lifetime we'll even get to our moon again. And there is a good chance human life will die out before we even have the tech to get a human to even mars and the likes.

Though don't be fooled into thinking some god or being made all of this. The truth is much more interesting. We keep using the same energy that has always existed and it keeps reforming into other planets, stars, moons, rocks, and every now and again - life like us, or dinosaurs even.

Dan you say we will never get to other galaxies and possibly find life on other planets, but apparently we've had so many visits from aliens and people really have been abducted into spaceships!!!! I think they are from another planet :lol:.

I remember watching aliens land and a lady offering them a cup of tea one Saturday evening on TV. I think Jeremy Beadle, was the presenter.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
If there are other life forms that can get to us, they must be far far more advanced than us, so it's fair to say they could perhaps nip here and nip back without us knowing. But I doubt they'd ever need to abduct one of us. And if they did, they certainly wouldn't need (or perhaps want) to return us at a cost of extra billions of space pennies. lol

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
If there are other life forms that can get to us, they must be far far more advanced than us, so it's fair to say they could perhaps nip here and nip back without us knowing. But I doubt they'd ever need to abduct one of us. And if they did, they certainly wouldn't need (or perhaps want) to return us at a cost of extra billions of space pennies. lol

They would probably stay, once they'd sussed out the benefits system!!! And then bring their families or claim for their 'androids' living in another galaxy!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I bet they already do! Apparently there are claims going under names that nobody has ever actually seen or met. So perhaps that's them already doing it?

My Aunt used to have a post office and there used to be claimants under different names and ID but they had the same face!!!

Which brings us back to the Fibonacci Theory, you start with one and then they just multiply. Nature eh!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Fibonacci Numbers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.