Discuss fibreglassing a wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

apcpah

Hi all , im new to this forum so forgive me if this has been covered already , what i want to do is in my own house and if succesfull maybe customers .

I would like to form the wetroom floor and 3 inches up the wall using fiberglass matting and resin {either standard or epoxy ] then use a membrane on the walls to drop into this preformed tray , thus leaving me with no taped joints {weakpoints } and then tile the bathroom as normall ,

does anyone know why this would not be a suitable solution , it would be very easy and very adaptable to any size and shape of room ,

any advise here would be apreciated .....

Reply to fibreglassing a wet room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First time poster and tiler here. Hoping to get a bit of advice on tiling a wet room...
Replies
Views
Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I am having a downstairs small bathroom completely renovated. There will be a new...
Replies
Views
I am building a small wet room which is 900 x 1850. I am using an AKW Tuff form 900 x 1400...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
fibreglassing a wet room
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.