Discuss Field Sports, whats your view? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Country sport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to that rats don't come into it, so I suppose I can stick to no 2...unless you want to eat yours Dave... :lol: (kidding!!) Never knew anything about happenings like Mike's video, glad to see hares are so clever... :) anyhow, I need an early night, was up most the early hours with yet another family emergency, so good night folks...tomorrow is another day... and I'll just continue to cuddle cute things as before :) ....

D

doug boardley

these are 3 salmon I caught in early October, (in a 2 hour span) Gisela, if you notice, the bottom one is like a bar of silver, a beautiul looking fish to any salmon anglers eye. The top one is what I call "on the turn", normally I'd have returned a fish this colour but it had throated my hook and the likliehood of it surviving long enough to spawn were pretty slim. Already had one family meal from it tho' (it was 12lb) and probably another 2 meals to come from it.
The other 2 were about 7lb and 5lb and great for a bbq. I'm grateful that my country upbringing has given me the skills to catch these fish and tbh I always ask peeps that are eating them to give a thought for them first.

U

user123

I think that's really good, Doug, it's honest, hunting for food, nothing wrong with that at all, preferable to artificially coloured farm salmon, and I admire survival skills, - I remember how proud I was of my son when he caught his first makerel, we were on the boat of a friend, I was keen to learn what to do with that fish, how to cook it, but it got thrown back in the sea. My objection wasn't about what you do, and I can see that Dave really does believe he is doing the right thing, I know too little about it, but accept it. My objection was to an entirely different attitude, I hope I made that clear enough, (Ed put it perfectly), if I didn't I apologize, I am overtired, have been awake now for just over 22 hours due to family stuff and thought I was doing ok....

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
cant say im really into it, but marrying someone who has been bought up on a farm has been a reel eye opener.

my wifes parents own a farm, only a small holding now but they still have cattle, sheep, pigs, chickens and field sports are very much a way of life for them, the father inlaw has 3 shot guns and pest control/shooting for the pot is just a way of life, as is supporting the local hunt.

O

Olz

these are 3 salmon I caught in early October, (in a 2 hour span) Gisela, if you notice, the bottom one is like a bar of silver, a beautiul looking fish to any salmon anglers eye. The top one is what I call "on the turn", normally I'd have returned a fish this colour but it had throated my hook and the likliehood of it surviving long enough to spawn were pretty slim. Already had one family meal from it tho' (it was 12lb) and probably another 2 meals to come from it.
The other 2 were about 7lb and 5lb and great for a bbq. I'm grateful that my country upbringing has given me the skills to catch these fish and tbh I always ask peeps that are eating them to give a thought for them first.

Nice catch there doug, I always get fed up of catching other peoples rubbish though, I bet you though you had a good fish on your hook with your weight, only to reel it in and find that you've hooked someones old tape measure they've fly tipped into the canal..:lol::lol:

Reply to Field Sports, whats your view? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
As an introduction, I'm a DIY home owner who has gutted the bathroom in a house built in 1980...
Replies
Views
Tony R
T
Add your news for free; Tiling News, Plumbing News, Electrical News What's Involved in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Field Sports, whats your view?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.