UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Fila stripper and microban in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TMTservices

Customer had been sold topps gear, which I never use, so I'm wondering if any you guys can advise me please:
Polished porcelain tiles; wax layer needs removing, but i could do with grouting the room first. I never have before; always removed wax etc first though his time i got 2 long days ahead of me and would be easier to leave til the end. Is this possible.?
It's fila stripper they've sold him and grout is bal microflex, although I'm debating picking up some ultra colour in the morning.
Unrelated, topps have sold him they're own flex and told him it's fine to tile direct over ufh laid onto moisture resistant chipboard which has about a 10mm flex in centre. Customer is adamant they're right and the builders are backing him up. It'll be fine they say. We do it all the time!! Lol! My god. Been working with a fair few idiots lately. They seem to be everywhere!

T

TMTservices

Kind of both. It's a new contact I'm on with, a builder, though I'm dealing with customer direct. Payment from customer.

They're the kind of people who will throw ufh and granite atyou the night before you start when theyve told you it's ceramic etc.

First impressions as I've only done three bathrooms for them this month. 2 out of 3 have turned out like above! Lol!

Diary has had more shufflin goin on than a deck of cards. But I'd moan if it was an empty diary so I can't grumble!

Any thoughts on the stripper and grout scenario? Tested tiles today with black grout and after 12hrs no bleed, as it's pretty much a colour match grout I'm not too worried about grouting before sealing.

W

White Room

You something like this 2010_0708Removal0005.jpg

T

TMTservices

They werent those ones bri, light grey little numbers, I just test with a little tub of ready mix black grout a customer had provided a while back.

I ended up stripping first, wasnt too bad to be fair , still a 10:30 finish mind. 3 days on trott.

As for that silicone pic, aye similar lol. Il try post pics now. Horror story, recommended tradesmen from a well known store too. Knocks you sick. Pics dont do justice. 6 differant leaks and sink and bath waste not connected for two years. Stank!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Fila stripper and microban in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I had a new porcelain patio installed several months ago, and we have been struggling ever since...
Replies
Views
I'm not having much luck in getting a straight answer out of Topps Tiles so wonder if someone on...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Fila stripper and microban
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.