Discuss Final stages in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I personally advise you seal travertine with one coat prior to grouting, then continue as Bri recommends. Some seal stone once prior to grouting, some don't.

Yes indeed, I guess from the opening post that one coat of sealer has already been applied. In my opinion a coat of sealer prior to grouting is essential as it really helps when washing off. The whole process would be, fit tiles, seal, grout, seal, silicone and a few bits of cleaning in there as well :)

I

ir50

Yes first coat of sealer went on before grouting. I went for the grout at beginning of day and silicone last thing. Tomorrow morning I will apply second coat of sealer then all done. Thought that the best way on this occasion otherwise would have been grout on day 1, sealer on day 2 and silicone on day 3. Would have preferred to put silicone on last but putting sealer on last will be no different to when it gets re-sealed in 12/24 months.

Thanks for all the comments though. Also found Ottoseal coloured silicone the dogs!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Final stages in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
C
Hi Guys, first of all thanks for the wealth of info on here. I have tried searching to find...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB