Discuss Finished Ensuite in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

ah666

At last (it took me 8 months, as only had weekends to work on it) finished ensuite bathroom, really pleased with the results as it was only my 2nd bathroom project. So thanks for all the advice and here are a few pictures

Before :
IMG_5463.jpg IMG_5453.jpg IMG_5459.jpg

During :
Everything was stripped out including the floor and plasterboard around the old shower, the rest of the walls were in good condition with a few repairs needs (although removing the emulsion paint where the walls were not originally tilled was time consuming)
IMG_5480.jpg IMG_5561.jpg

After :
Floor was replaced by 18mm ply and then I had a contractor install Karndean flooring (the only job I didn't complete myself)
Shower walls were replaced by Hardibaker and tanked
The walls in the immediate area of the bath were also tanked
Frame built for bath surround and bath panels hardibaker and held in place by magnets (and silicone)
Tiles are 300x600 White Rectified Ceramic installed with 2mm spacers
Tile adhesive was BAL single part flex
Mosaic's were from Topps Tiles
IMG_5652.jpg IMG_5663_edited-1.jpg IMG_5667.jpg IMG_5665.jpg IMG_5669.jpg IMG_5682.jpg IMG_5677.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5479.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5663.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 105
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Finished Ensuite in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
Trying to Get bathroom re tiled, had conflicting advice from a few tilers, I’m a total novice...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB