Discuss Fired Earth Flexible Wall and Floor Grout in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
Cos I work around Bath a lot I find myself encountering Fired Earth tiles (supplied by customers) an awful lot lately. A lot of the tiles are hand made and are not exact sizes. But I find they cut just like other ceramic tiles (but very carefully - some of the designs cost £40 for a single 6" tile!) - you just cannot use spacers because of this.

Interestingly enough most of these customers paying outrageous money for these tiles are still looking for "bargain basement" fixing costs!

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Cos I work around Bath a lot I find myself encountering Fired Earth tiles (supplied by customers) an awful lot lately. A lot of the tiles are hand made and are not exact sizes. But I find they cut just like other ceramic tiles (but very carefully - some of the designs cost £40 for a single 6" tile!) - you just cannot use spacers because of this.

Interestingly enough most of these customers paying outrageous money for these tiles are still looking for "bargain basement" fixing costs!

Isn't that always the way Andy?

O

On one

These were the border tiles Flower - Mosaics - Shop by tile type - Wall & Floor Tiles | Fired Earth Glad I didn't know before I fitted them.....I would have been to take away if I did know how much £££ I had in my hands....and bent,warped not square,fragile and didn't know they had rebar in until it went through the Dewalt!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Fired Earth Flexible Wall and Floor Grout in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB