Discuss First Attempt at Floor Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

so is the sbr available from Screwfix ok to use in this case?

I see two products available -

No Nonsense SBR Primer White 1kg | NoLinksToThis @ £7.99/kg

or

Cementone? SBR Admixture White 5Ltr | NoLinksToThis @ £19.99 for 5ltr (do I need 5 litres? total area is around 75 sq feet...)

Assuming it is the right thing to use on this substrate, can you give me the recipe for
the slurry mix?

Cheers

Andy

Get the cementone one , you mix it 50/50 with adhesive or neat cement...

But if you want to use a ready to go product , then get some Mapei eco-prim grip primer ... PHG wetrooms ( forum sponsor) can supply that for you , tel him tomorrow for next day delivery , 01388-667211

beanz

TF
Berkshire
The flooring supplier had recommended using an Incizo Quick Step profile to match the flooring. You can cut it a number of ways but bearing in mind that there may be a slight change in level once the tiling is down would it be better to use a bullnose profile on the tile side and then lay the tiles up to it?

I'd use the profile (might be a case of seeing how different the floor levels are, and if you can make it work). Just tiling up to the profile with give you a bit of a ropey finish imho. ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to First Attempt at Floor Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We have to lift a section of floor in the kitchen and would like to replace with the...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB