Discuss first big(ish) job. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

boldydave

i`ve got my first biggish job(28sq m) coming up to start this weekend and just wanted to run through what i`m going to do/use with you all.it`s a bathroom which has been boarded with green plasterboard all round,except the shower area which has been cement boarded.tiles are ceramic 31cm by 45cm.i was going to tape all the joints with normal plasterboard tape but was unsure what to use on the joints and the corner on the cement board.i`ve just got my trade account sorted so was going to tile giant and use adesilex p9 for all the walls,and mapai ultracolour plus grout.2mm spacers.there is 1 small area which is plastered and i was guessing some sbr primer for that bit. another couple of qustions about how you work.do you tend to lay all your full tiles first,then go back and do all your cuts at the end? also,when laying your top line of tiles at the ceiling and if the ceiling is unlevel do you cut all your tiles the same size and fill the gap with filler(mastic or painters mate) or do you try to cut the tiles to fit the gap exactly? thanks very much for all your help. what a top site! cheers dave.

N

newton&stockley

always cut the tiles to the ceiling. best tip for cutting tiles for corners/floors and ceilings is to place a tile over the last full tile (hold it in place) then get another tile and place it in the space u want to put a tile. mark the tile placed over the full tile. This will produce exact measurement for you. (dont forget to add an extra 2mm for the spacer and 2mm for expansion)

Reply to first big(ish) job. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
first big(ish) job.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.