Discuss First time doing a patio in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi guys, had some great advice here before so thought I would ask here for advice again regarding porcelain patio instalation on (fairly flat) concrete substrate.

Tiles are 90 cm x 60 cm and 2 cm thick.
Area is 54m²

What is the best adhesive to use? I like mapei, used it in the past and tile mountain suggests Adesilex p4 20kg bags.

This Adesilex can be used as a self leveller too, but its expensive, shoukd I bother?

How many bags should I buy?

Would I need to prime the concrete base or backs of porcelain tiles?

What size trowel, should it be u-shaped notches?

I don't expect anyone to answer all of that but if anyone knows some of the answers and is generous enough to spend the time to reply I would be v grateful!

I've uploaded a pic of the area, (some existic tiles still to be pulled up and replaced with concrete to complete the substrate for laying the new slabs).

Thanks a million in advance

Attachments

• 17282146398688143846386669673503.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 15

Reply to First time doing a patio in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views

DIY Tiling Advice Forum

Trending DIY Tiling Forum Threads

Advertisement

Headley bordon
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler

Thread Information

Title
First time doing a patio
Prefix
N/A
Forum
DIY Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond