Guest viewing is limited

Discuss First Time tiling - Help me do it right (Polished Porcelain Tiles) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

radiocaf

Hi radocaf, if ever there was a tile to sort the men out from the boys, its polished porcelain, if you get this wrong it will show up like a sore thumb and the most evil part about it is, its really hard to tell how the job is going untill the end when you have grouted and turn on the lights! There is a saying in life, worry about the big things and the small things will take care of themselves... No1 issue, lippage, no 2 issue flatness, make sure you pay attention to these two issues! Why did you not do all the prep work before hand rather than addressing as you go? Sounds messy? Good luck

Yep, in at the deep end. Too late to turn back.

So far it looks alright, but that's before grouting.

Lippage is my main concern, so I'm glad I'm doing that right. I have found one wall has "bubbled" out a bit (it's not perfectly flat) and the only way I can think of to combat it is to build up the adhesive to keep the lippage as refined as possible and keep them nice and level and flat. It's a slow process but I'm getting there. It'll be nice for it to turn out at least decent, but I'm not expecting much, anything better than a complete disaster is a bonus, but I am optimistic after getting one wall full of adhered but not grouted tiles.

R

radiocaf

Well we are certainly getting there slowly. we have one and a half walls done,and this is the current state of the tiles. I haven't had much of a problem with lipping or bulging of the walls, which I though was going to be a major issue.

Here's where we are at at the moment. To the left of the wall you see is the first wall we did, which has the door on it. Once we complete this wall, we are going to clean, grout and seal all these. The other two walls will be done after, but all these have the Toilet (as you can see) and the Shower and everything on them, so the plan is to tile them one by one (tile the toilet, grout and seal, plumb in the new toilet, move on to sink, etc...)

Reply to First Time tiling - Help me do it right (Polished Porcelain Tiles) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
First Time tiling - Help me do it right (Polished Porcelain Tiles)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond