Discuss first timer laying kitchen floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

S

steven-f

Hi everyone, just joined and looking for some advice on the prep work before I go steaming in.......

The floor is concrete and previously had little black brittle tiles down, I have removed these as there were a few missing so have now got this...
DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

Some of the tiles rock slightly when put down on the dry run and I'm not sure if this is something the adhesive will fix or will I need to get someone in to skim the floor??

The tiles I am using are porcelain 450x450 and I'm planning on tiling under the cabinets feet not right to the wall, is this ok as access under the cabinets is not going to be easy.....
DSCN0125.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi,

Wait for the professional to reply also as I don't tile anymore.

But I think the answer will be (if that is bitchumen type stuff that's down there) there is an adhesive suitable for that, so get what you can up, and then tile with the right adhesive, and that should be fine.

And sure, tiling under the cabinets to the nearest full tile is common as it looks neat when you put the kickerboards back on. Though tiling right back to the wall isn't particularly required.

And I think the adhesive you need if I am right is a two-part flexible adhesive that uses a polymer additive. Though I might be wrong so hang on there.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to first timer laying kitchen floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB