Discuss Fixing Travertine on wooden floor and skimmed plasterboard. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Legohair

Morning all,
I'm still part-part time and, erm, I'm frankly feeling out of my depth here. I searched the forum for travertine fitting but cannot find anything about laying upstairs on a modern build 18mm floor, appologies in advance if this a duplicate I've not found.
I've not used any stone tiles before and really feel like I need some pointers.
The tiles are 600 X 400 I think and will be going full height on the walls (currently skimmed plasterboard but I'm trying to change that) and on the floor in an upstairs shower room and family bathroom.
What I have done in the past is secure the floor and walls, fit hardibacker to the floor (using topps two part flex adhesive & screws) and aquapanel to the walls around the shower(s), tank the shower areas, there is water damage to the plasterboard on both showers again so expect to use aquapanel and tanking here too. Prime the walls (bal). Then fix the tiles single part flex (bal) for the walls and two part flex (topps) for the floor. Are my preperations enough or too much? Should I be doing something different altogether? Are my usual adhesives still acceptable for stone? I read that I might need some form of membrane under the tiles for under floor heating but although there is no ufh there are hot and heating pipes in the floor void so is the membrane still required. Any help really appreciated. Sorry for the long post but I just want to get this installation right.
Dan.

Reply to Fixing Travertine on wooden floor and skimmed plasterboard. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Fixing Travertine on wooden floor and skimmed plasterboard.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.