Discuss fixings and finishes in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

ceekay

Hi Guys

Hoping you could advise.

Firstly tiling the shower area - I have 600 x 600 porcelain tiles for the ensuite floor and I will want the tiler (when I find a good one that does wet rooms in my area) to use them on the shower area which will be 1200x900 and mounted on a marmox tray which only has a very slight built in slope to the trap. Will you guys be able to do that or are most tilers going to suggest using moziacs in the shower area?

Secondly - Will hopefully be having the tiles on the wall running straight down to the floor which avoids ugly skirting but obviously would still need arc around the door and was wondering if this can be replaced with either a type of plastic trim or similar as it seems mad doing away with wood skirting but still having wood arc around the door but obviously you need some sort of finish there.

Lastly - How do you guys go about mounting all the bits and pieces after the tiling is complete for example the shower screen and shelves and mirrors etc without breaking the wetroom seal so to speak.

Hope you can help anyhow so I can stop worrying about all the little bits and if any decent wetroom tilers around the Bury, Lancs area on her please let me know, thanks.

C

ceekay

Thanks for your comments but I had heard people speak about plastic arcs and plastic stop beads etc but thought I would check with the pro's to see if the trade is using this for a better effect?

If poss could you also advise as to the thickness of the adhesive that you would use on 10mm porcelain floor and wall tiles that will be mounted on marmox wall and floor boards so that I can the levels and depths roughly correct?

thankyou

C

ceekay

1more thing, if the wet area fails, who you going to blame? The person who tiled it or the person who prep'd it, for that reason alone, I wouldn't quote to do a job someone else had prep'd
Appreciate what your saying as I am a tradesmen myself but would not be blaming any tiler and they could have that in writing but there is little to no chance of it leaking anyhow.

could really do with knowing the thickness of the beds for floor and wall though so I can gauge FFL etc if anyone can help I was thinking that it would be 8mm but not sure if 6mm or 10mm are options?

thanks again.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to fixings and finishes in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi all In a kind of 'Payment' for all the advice i have got from here i have decided to do a...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB