Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Flame spread ratings for Kerdi Board? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

We have a bunch of work coming up in condos and other multi-residence buildings where the inspectors typically are looking at flame spread ratings and other related issues because of fire safety codes.

I wanted to use Kerdi board for the showers and called Schluter's North American HQ'rs and was told they have no flame spread rating and no plans to test for one.

I'm curious to learn if in the UK and Europe they are doing this, not doing this, or ignoring it? Even if they have the ratings over there, it won't do me any good here, but I am just curious to see what's happening with this in other countries.

Reply to Flame spread ratings for Kerdi Board? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
"Your posts are farcical. You claim there is no need to tank plasterboard in a shower before...
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T
A
heres some info on schluter kerdi board. dont think we've done one on this, if we have, sorry...
Replies
Views
H
I chanced upon some American websites that advise caution when removing old wall/floor tiles, as...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Flame spread ratings for Kerdi Board?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.