Discuss Flat floor to be filed, whaaaat? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

A guy on another forum (not tiling) showed a straight edge on his floor (one of the gypsum floors) and that was like the seven seas on a bad day.
The only ones i've seen are by the same firm and although their advice about tiling them is woeful their floors are the closest to perfectly flat and level I've ever seen. I thought all gypsum screeds went in like water and were bang on. The ones i tile are alpha-hemimydrite btw

H

hmtiling

I recommended a company to come in & lay an anhydrite screed, the previous ones I've tiles to were almost perfect, this one was an absolute shocker.
I had to get anhylevel to sort out sections of the floor it was that bad.
I didn't quite believe @impish as he seems to be Mr contrary. Having seen the alpha-hemihydrite ones(the only ones i've tiled) go in it must be hard work to get them wrong unless they don't all go in like water.

O

One Day

Mr Contrary eh?!

OK - pics or it didn't happen...
Honestly - it was as bad as 12mm out over 2m but in "waves" as if they hadn't helped it flow out over the pipes. A shoddy job from prep to pour. Tiling was a little better though.

20160601_095721.jpg 20160616_124630.jpg 20160616_134038.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Flat floor to be filed, whaaaat? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB