Discuss flexi addy in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Handyeire

Never heard of it but you get different classifications of adhesive.
I would check the technical on the back of the bag to make sure 9mm ply is thick enough.
I very rarely tile to ply, I would ditch the ply & overboard with Hardie 250, 6mm.

The 9mm ply will be screwd onto 12mm floorboards. IMO, its thick enough and another thing, don't want to raise the floor to much tbh because if I use 12-18mm with tiles, it'll be over an inch raised. Isn't the 6mm Hardie twice the price?

S

Stef

The 9mm ply will be screwd onto 12mm floorboards. IMO, its thick enough and another thing, don't want to raise the floor to much tbh because if I use 12-18mm with tiles, it'll be over an inch raised. Isn't the 6mm Hardie twice the price?

Price WBP ply against Hardie & there won't be much difference.
If you have a failure fixing to 9mm ply then it falls back onto you as most of your adhesives recommend a 15mm overlay, check what it says on the bag.
I don't think plus a very good surface to in this day & age, far better products to fix to out there that doesn't come with the grief of fixing to ply.

H

Handyeire

Price WBP ply against Hardie & there won't be much difference.
If you have a failure fixing to 9mm ply then it falls back onto you as most of your adhesives recommend a 15mm overlay, check what it says on the bag.
I don't think plus a very good surface to in this day & age, far better products to fix to out there that doesn't come with the grief of fixing to ply.

Stores near me only have 12mm cement board and if I choose this, I'll be well over the saddleboard at door when floor is finished.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to flexi addy in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am laying a kitchen floor and hallway soon. The problem I have is 3/4 of it is wooden...
Replies
Views
Simonmiller
S
S
Hi again Last week several of you helped me out with advice for a wetroom floor. There were a...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
D
Hi, I have a customer wanting encaustic tiles in a hall way. It is 13m long and varies upto...
Replies
Views
MTiler
M
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB