Guest viewing is limited

Discuss flexible additive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

Can flexible additives be used with flexible adhesives that are already flexible to increase their flexibility,and would these adhesives then be suitable for floors that may have slight deflection?What is the best flexible additive?

All advice appreciated
if a floor has any deflection it is not recommended to tile on it whatever the adhesive ,so my advice is deal with the deflection first then worry about what adhesive to use :thumbsup:

S

Spud

I still remember first using ardex x7 with ardion 90 additive tiling on to plywood floors ,never ever had a failure using this combination ,if the floor was floor boards we would screw them down with loads of screws ,over board with plywood and use eml mesh stapled over the top ,then the ardex x7 and ardion 90 combo to stick the tiles down ,I havent used this combo in years as the ardion 90 became extremely expensive and cheaper alternatives came on the market ,but I have to say the kerraquick and latex plus is a superb combination as good as anything i have used and is reasonably priced for such a good adhesive :thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I still remember first using ardex x7 with ardion 90 additive tiling on to plywood floors ,never ever had a failure using this combination ,if the floor was floor boards we would screw them down with loads of screws ,over board with plywood and use eml mesh stapled over the top ,then the ardex x7 and ardion 90 combo to stick the tiles down ,I havent used this combo in years as the ardion 90 became extremely expensive and cheaper alternatives came on the market ,but I have to say the kerraquick and latex plus is a superb combination as good as anything i have used and is reasonably priced for such a good adhesive :thumbsup:

X7 and Ardion 90 takes me back, never had a failure:thumbsup: but as you and Kev both say Keraquick and latex plus takes some beating. I'm still trying to get today's off my fingernails:yikes:good stuff:thumbsup:

Reply to flexible additive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
flexible additive?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.