UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Flexible Adhesive on Concrete Floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

shortplank

Hi

I am about to tile a kitchen in an old Victorian house with 40 x 60 porcelain tiles. The floor is a mixture of suspended timber and concrete slab (looks like the old scullery/out house). The timber floor has been covered with 18mm WBP ply, the concrete floor has been levelled with self levelling compound.

The question is can I use the flexible tile adhesive on both wooden (ply) part and the concrete parts of the floor or should I use rigid (dry set) adhesive for the concrete?

Also is three a need for an expansion joint between the two types of floor as they will expand and contract at different rates? The room dimension is approx 3 x 6m with the floor being 50/50 wood and concrete.

Thanks in advance.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
An expansion joint is 6mm wide, you can make one by just leaving the gap between the tiles and use the matching silicone to the grout you are using, fill the joint with the silicone, smooth off and there you have it. Your set out will be dictated by placing a tile on either side of the surfaces.
If you require trims and proper joints, give Dural a phone and ask for Gerard, hes the MD and will send you a price list, Use flexi adhesive if all porcelain tiles, if ceramic, flexi on one side normal on the other, keep costs of materials down

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Flexible Adhesive on Concrete Floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.