Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Floating floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I've looked on a couple of previous post regarding floating floors but i still want to ask you guys if any of you have tiled a floating floor without problems. I know most say dont do it but i have seen others saying that certain manufactures do adhesives that are ok.

I have a family member who has just had an extention and the floor in the kitchen is a floating one. I've told him i didn't think you could tile a floating floor but would have a good look into it. Ive not seen the floor but he says its solid as. Any info i can get would be great, i think i'll be directing him to this forum to see the facts.

Cheers, Lee.

I had a 35sqm floating floor to do last year. On the advice given by Ardex I fixed "No More Ply" then tiled a 3 tile porcelain pattern using Ardex 7001 adhesive. I grouted with Ardex Flex grout and have not experienced any issues to date. I admit that it is still early days though. Also, there was virtually no deflection prior to overboarding so I'm sure that was a bonus, too, :thumbsup:.

I dont know anywhere round here that sells ardex 7001. How much is? Can you get it on line?

I'm not going to commit to doing the job just yet, i want to go and jump on it myself to check for deflection. I'll let him read the info i have and let him decide.

Its a tricky one this as some say you can (if done right) others say no way.

I think i'll speak to the adhesives technical first aswell, see what they say.

G

grumpygrouter

I agree, you need to speak to the adhesive tech departments for their advice.
As well as Ardex you could consider Mapei Keraquick with latex additive (available from Tile Giant) or BAL 2 part Fastflex (I've heard that it is good but not used it myself).
I hate the stuff with a passion Daz! Much prefere to use the Keraquick/latex plus combo. Fastflex is a very good addy though, I just hate using it!!!!

Reply to Floating floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Preston

Thread Information

Title
Floating floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.