Discuss Floor cleaning job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I had priced up some work which I actually wasnt that bothered with so I went in at a higher price, hoping it would scare them off. Tonight I got a call and they want me to do the work, I tried putting them off regarding time when I could do it but they will wait !
Most of the work is no problem ( repairs and alterations) but the part I am a bit unsure of is the slate floor that needs cleaning, resealing and grout restoration depending on how it looks after the floor is cleaned. The problem being, no one knows what sealer was used the first time ( if any going from the look of it) I could take a guess as we know where the slate was bought from but the tiler that did it may have supplied his own.
I have also managed to borrow a floor scrubber, 200rpm with detergent tank, brushes and pads inc. The floor area is about 30m2 spread over 3 rooms.

So anyone got any gems of ideas ?

M

Mike Philbin

Hi Guys

This sounds a good job to me, you always get the ones that you don't want :)

Its really important you strip the slate back ensuring you remove all surface contaminates, this can be done using a stone stripping solution with your rotary machine and black pad or brush (sometimes both) Then deep clean/rinse and neutralise using a red floor pad and water.

I would then suggest sealing the slate with a water based topical coating which will bring the colours out and give the client a nice surface finish which is easy to maintain - depending on the sealer you choose will depend on the amount of coats.

i really hope this helps and good luck

Mike Philbin
Director @ Nu-Life Stone Care

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor cleaning job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Floor cleaning job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond