Discuss Floor prep advice, nasty springy chipboard patchwork in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
I've just started a new bathroom today (floor to be tiled), ripped everything out and when I pulled back the lino my eyes were furnished with a dodgy looking chipboard floor.

The basin had been dripping so a 20 inch patch was rotten. Under the shower tray (no bath) the floor is a loose squeeky patchwork and the same again on the other side but not quite as bad. There's not a square ft that isn't squeeky or springy.

The ensuite is smallish about 7 ft square.

I've recently had a movement issue with another bathroom so I've learnt the hard way and I'm dammed if I'm going to make the same mistake twice. This time I've allowed myself more time to prep the floor and I want a solid job I don't have to worry about when I've gone.

Whats the best way to prep this floor? What would you guys do?

Reply to Floor prep advice, nasty springy chipboard patchwork in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I'm new to tiling and looking for some advice. I'm practical and usually pretty good...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
We’re currently having our bathrooms fully redone including stripping back, boarding, tiling...
Replies
Views
We've got as far as stripping out the bathroom in our new (to us) bungalow dug up floor, laid...
Replies
Views
We've got as far as stripping out the bathroom in our new (to us) bungalow dug up floor, laid...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Floor prep advice, nasty springy chipboard patchwork
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.