Discuss Floor Substrate Tiling Onto Solid Oak Floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Thanks for advice Andy, this was my first thought and sounds like the safest bet I think but very mixed views on this one!.....
Its basically a floating floor n we all the mixed views we get about them.. Just lost a decent job today (41sqm floater with ufh) cuz I insisted the lot had to come up and rebuilt with joists and noggins, someone will end up tiling it :(

T

Time's Ran Out

Hello all,

...the floor really is solid and there is just no movement or no hollow areas.......I also took some kickboards off and got chisel underneath but could not budge this oak floor, really solid, has been down for 3 years and no warping across the floor.......

Cheers

Mark

I can only advise on your description!
All jobs are different and its your call - or that of an experienced tiler.

To add : it's not like a floating floor.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
Lol!.......eh up AD Ceramics, where have you been hiding?.......have you been keeping s low profile since you got told off last time you were on the forums!:sweatsmile:

Anyway mate just reading through Your post and that is exactly what worries me mate!.....what do you think about mechanically screwing it into the concrete like gamma says??.....but this won't stop any warping if it occurs will it?

Thanks for the feedback.....surprised by the mixed comments on this one......interesting chinwag

MW Ceramics....no matter what I say or where I say it I always get a Bol........oops told off

RIP THE OAK UP!!!!!!!!!!!! :tonguewink:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor Substrate Tiling Onto Solid Oak Floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB