Discuss Floor tiles have been installed / fixed using tubbed adhesive in the Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
My tiles are moving after 3 days of been layed on Cement floor. I used MapeGrip D2. just seen a date on the side 9/06/23 what does that mean? I did put the tiles on the same floor about 10+ years ago with ease
D2 is a Dispersion adhesive and not suitable for floor tiling.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Ooooo unlucky. You found us after you did that!.

Get them up scrape it all off the floor and the tile. Bin that.

Then use a cement based adhesive and mix it in a bucket. You can get 24hr setting ones to give you some extra bucket time.

And your tiles are already cut.

So you were nearly spot on.

Don't suppose it was a shop that let you walk out with floor tiles and wall tile adhesive?

Last edited:

Reply to Floor tiles have been installed / fixed using tubbed adhesive in the Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I want to tile over a completely new floor. New floor joists have been installed with...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views

Tile Adhesive Trending Topics

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Floor tiles have been installed / fixed using tubbed adhesive
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond