Discuss Floor tiles lifted on calcium based self level floor in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all,my tiler fitted 600x600 porceline tiles to my calcium based concrete slab,it was 4 months after it being poured and he did a test by laying a peice of polythene taped around edges to see if it was still emiting moisture,this was after it was professionally sanded sorry and no moisture was detected,
He proceeded to seal the floor with norcos prime bond (duck egg green colour) the day before and layed tiles with decent Weber adhesive which I supplied,
Few month after moving in and building heat up gradually I heard crackling sound,I’ve now lifted every tile with a sucker leaving the floor perfectly clean,no adhesive has stuck apart from a hand sized area around a door post and beside back door,
On backs of tiles shows signs of a green colour like the bonding norcos primer,can any one help to what has happened as tiler at a loss as well

Here’s a photo

E5E9EBBD-7EFE-4802-B5EA-60B7BF87B567.jpeg

I

Italy

If your tiling career has many years left then you need to own your own testing equipment as these screeds are only going to increase in popularity.

I agree with @Localtiler . I read years ago 80% of all new floors in France were lafarge gyvlon
not here....
some years ago they did it, but after a short time
has disappeared.

J

J Sid

More and more in Lancashire area. Still mainly clueless and they're sold as rapid drying with no mention of laitence or sanding or heating commissioning.
Thankfully there are still some brilliant sand and cement screeders around here.
with my very, very limited dealings with these companies I've found the same. No mention of drying times and very little details in the hand out paperwork.

Bloody hell Julian I would have thought they would be loads going on down your way.
thank god I don't.

Reply to Floor tiles lifted on calcium based self level floor in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB