Discuss Floor Tiles on a new concrete floor. in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

S

scottwilko

Hi there,
Looking for some advice as I am getting various opinions. I have a new insulated & damp proofed concrete floor which I intend to tile with porcelain tiles (approx 5mm thick). The surface is a concrete slab 6" thick which has dried out (poured 4 months ago) I haven't screeded or self leveled as yet.

My query is what is the best way to prepare this uneven surface. Do I self level then lay tiles using flexi grout. Do I lay ply as you would on a first floor to make a some surface.

Any help would be useful

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor Tiles on a new concrete floor. in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB