Discuss Floor tiles under door in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikrt

Hi Forum,

I'm 75% through tiling my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm tiles. So far - so good.

My question is, how far up to the door do I lay the tiles? The door opens inwards into the kitchen, and on the other side will be laminate wooden floor.

Does the threshold go directly in the middle under the door, or just inside so it can't be seen from the other side, or just outside (with the door closing up to it) so it can't be seen from the kitchen?

What may affect the outcome, is that I have MHRV so I've been told to leave a 10mm gap under the door for cross-flow ventilation.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

M

mikrt

Andy,

Mechanical Heat Recovery Ventilation

Basically a box which sucks out warm stale air from the house (kitchen/bathroom, en suites) and blows it out of the building. While at the same time sucking in fresh air, passing it over a heat exchanger, and supplying the habitable rooms in the house. This extracts 95% of the heat in my case, but a gap under the door is required for air movement through the house.

I've tried putting a link in, but I'm not allowed apparently, but you could google it and find out.

S

Stocks Tiles

Am I missing something here, surely as normal just finish under the door so the threshold is hidden from both sides when door is closed, and to keep the required 10mm gap from floor to door you would just need to give the bottom of the door a shave if needed? Yes it's a bit of a gap from the laminate side if its thin stuff compared to the height of the tiles but that's just something you would have to live with from having the ventilation system you have? Again someone please correct me if I have missed something :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor tiles under door in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I’m continuing to lift tiles on my dot & dabbed kitchen floor over retofit ufh. i thought I’d...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I have just had my bathroom floor tiled which opens up to a landing. The landing is being...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB