Guest viewing is limited

Discuss for peeps who have staff in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TheWrightTiler

i have a second part time job delivering pizza

its been alleged i was seen smoking in the co car and an investigation is being started with a view to gross misconduct

for a start i wasnt smoking as i have one of the inhalator things

they say there is a foto but iam sure i never gave permission for my pic to be taken by anyone and if i was driving surely it wouldnt be a great pic as id be driving away

there was no smoke or ash in the car yet it was searched without me being present is this allowed

i am not allowed to see the witness statements can they do this as i cannot possibly defend myself at a meeting if they wont let me see the docs

can anyone help witht eh rules on ivestigations and what counts as seen smoking or do i actually have to be caught

as far as aware my co car wasnt checked that night and the person doing the investigation waited 3 weeks to bring this allegation to fruition, is there a time limit and any law links wuld be great

cheers

andy

O

Olz

i have a second part time job delivering pizza

its been alleged i was seen smoking in the co car and an investigation is being started with a view to gross misconduct

for a start i wasnt smoking as i have one of the inhalator things

they say there is a foto but iam sure i never gave permission for my pic to be taken by anyone and if i was driving surely it wouldnt be a great pic as id be driving away

Theres no laws against taking photos of anything at all be it people or property in public places, including those driving through public places unless they are planned to be used in acts of terrorism.

there was no smoke or ash in the car yet it was searched without me being present is this allowed

I would imagine if its a company car they car do what they want with it, it would have been better if it was searched in your presence though, if they had found something you could just dispute it, but then i suppose it was searched by more than one person for coroboration, and probably would say that anyway, if you cant prove otherwise, though as nothing was found to support their claim surley that can only go in your favour.

i am not allowed to see the witness statements can they do this as i cannot possibly defend myself at a meeting if they wont let me see the docs

Im not 100% on this but would imagine they would have to show you them at a disiplinary meeting, I believe the process is, they give you notice of disaplinary, then complete their own investigation, the invite you to a meeting.

How long have you worked their, if its less than 12 months they can just sack you anyway no reason needed.

can anyone help witht eh rules on ivestigations and what counts as seen smoking or do i actually have to be caught

Has someone like the local council seen you and reported you, and tried to fine the company for you smoking in the company car or something.

Electronic cigarettes dont count as cigarettes, you could sit at a desk in an office with one in your gob all day long if you wanted.

as far as aware my co car wasnt checked that night and the person doing the investigation waited 3 weeks to bring this allegation to fruition, is there a time limit and any law links wuld be great

There isnt a time limit, ACAS say it must be done without uneccassary delay within a reasonable time.

cheers

andy

Hope that helps.

M

mikethetile

yes mate they can do all of those things, it may have taken several weeks to talk to you as the manager would have to discuss this with their manager, who would probably have to inform their manager and so on

you will be allowed to see the pics as it would be part of the disciplianary meeting, they can only dismiss you for smoking so if your defence is that you were using an inhaletor then they will have to be able to show otherwise

I would contact cab first and get the ball rolling on your defence

T

TheWrightTiler

had the hearing tonight

staff member reported driving past me and flashing lights, i waved and he saw a ***, it was my inhaltor, as we were both driving i questioned the speed and how could he possibly see if it was a ***

the same staff member received a text from an ex staffer saying the the ex staffer had seen me smoking, the staff member reported this as he is a crawling bum sook, not the ex staffer, i queried this as we cant text work to report sick so why was a text used

i also queried why i wasnt at the search as it could be possible that ash was planted in the car etc

they have my o do, personally i dont think they have a case but they have to be seen to be doing summat lol

****s imho

Reply to for peeps who have staff in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

H
Hi Guys. Myself and my partner live in Ilkley, West Yorkshire and wanted to say how great this...
Replies
Views
J
W
Friday i was driving back from chesterfield where i bought my van. I got a call from withheld...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
W
Yes my little ginger head has nearly exploded today. Firstly i was having problems with the...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
for peeps who have staff
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.